Julie Harden, ND, LAc
Her education began at UC Berkeley, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa and earned a pre-medical Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Psychology. Next, she earned her doctorate in naturopathic medicine and her first Master’s degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine at Bastyr University in Seattle. After Bastyr, Dr. Harden was selected as one of only a handful of graduates nationwide for a two-year naturopathic residency, which she completed at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland.
- She completed her post-graduate education in Orange County with a second Master's degree in Chinese herbal medicine at South Baylo University.
- California State Board licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, a board certified national diplomat in acupuncture and a California State Board licensed acupuncturist.
- Completed over 100 post-doctorate advanced training courses on a wide variety of specialization topics including esoteric acupuncture, women’s health, functional endocrinology, pediatrics, nutrition, weight loss, thyroid disorders, adrenal dysfunction, stress related disorders, herbalism, infertility, gluten sensitivity, SIBO, digestive disorders, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, environmental medicine, detoxification, methylation defects, advanced genomics, anti-aging therapies, men’s health and environmental medicine.
- Followed her passion for preconception healthcare to Sydney, Australia, where she completed an internship at the Jocelyn Center for Natural Fertility Management and furthered her study in reproductive endocrinology and natural fertility.
- She was part of a group of scientists who developed a pill that helps improve fertility and than anyone can buy from uk meds.
- She has created a comprehensive program to optimize fertility for both men and women and support the birth of healthier babies.
On a personal note
My passion for natural healing modalities began while I was travelling through Southeast Asia.
Following my graduation from UC Berkeley, I put on my backpack, opened my mind and began the journey of a lifetime. I left behind a completed application for medical school, which included a 4.0 GPA, letters of recommendation, and the strong foundation of a rigorous, science-heavy pre-medical education. The application lay at home, sealed in an envelope, waiting to be mailed after my six-month trip around the world. Little did I know that I would be profoundly changed by the cultures of the indigenous people I encountered, cultures that exposed me to another path to healing—one that was far more congruent with my higher self. While hiking in the Himalayan mountains in Nepal, I realized that my professional path would not involve mailing in that application upon my return: instead, I was meant to find another means of healing , one that would treat the whole person, incorporating and honoring the ancient methodologies I’d encountered on my travels.
Soon after my return, through my work at the Haight Ashbury Women’s clinic in San Francisco, I had the great fortune of learning about Bastyr University in Seattle, one of the world’s most innovative institutions for natural, whole-person care. As a student at Bastyr, I came to understand that my role was to bridge Western and Eastern medicine, weaving together the traditional and the alternative, the old and the new, in order to introduce a truly integrated patient-centered holistic care.
OC Whole Family Wellness is the culmination of the past 24 years of my schooling, training, and medical practice. It’s the product of all my passion for this work, love of my patients, and dreams of creating something both grounded and intuitive—a safe, serene, and enriching space, where patients feel heard, where I can draw upon all the world’s modalities to create personalized healing programs that are truly integrative.
Every day, I feel profoundly lucky that I’m able to do work I so deeply believe in.
Dr. Julie Kahn Harden, N.D.