Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
The craniosacral system, which consists of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord, can be evaluated and improved through the gentle, hands-on process of CST. Practitioners increase the functioning of the central nervous system by releasing constraints in the craniosacral system with a gentle touch. CST is used as a preventive health measure because it can strengthen resistance to disease and is effective for a variety of medical conditions including headaches, neck and back pain, emotional difficulties, stress-related conditions, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia. It also works by enhancing the body's natural healing processes.
Craniosacral therapy benefits include:
- Bolster resistance to disease
- Regulates and restores the autonomic nervous system
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Alleviates stress and musculoskeletal tension
- Promotes calm and deep sleep
- Effective for treating chronic pain, stress, anxiety, insomnia, vertigo, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and tension related conditions, such as neck and back pain and headaches
Dr. Tang often incorporates breath work, guided imagery, essential oils and spiritual reflection to deepen the relaxation response and help patients process and release their blocks to healing. Significant shifts in mindset, emotional and mental health and physical wellness can take place when the blocks to healing are released.
Dr. Tang sees patients on Monday and Wednesday. Please call the office to make an appointment.